Competition Grand Prix
B – CHILDREN'S CHOIRS
B 1 – Children's choirs up to 12 years of age
B 2 – Children's ch oirs up to 16 years of age
C – BOYS' CHOIRS
C 1 – Boys' choirs (S, A)
C 2 – Boys' choirs (S, A, T, B)
D – YOUTH CHOIRS
D 1 – Youth choirs up to 19 years of age (S, A)
D 2 – Youth choirs up to 19 years of age (T, B)
D 3 – Youth choirs up to 19 years of age (S, A, T, B)
E – ADULT CHOIRS
E 1 – Adult choirs - women
E 2 – Adult choirs - men
E 3 – Adult choirs - mixed
F – FOLKLORE WITHOUT AGE DIFFERENCES
F1 – Folklore a capella for all choir categories
F2 – Folklore with instrumental accompaniment for all choir categories
G – CHAMBER CHOIRS (WOMEN, MEN, MIXED, MAX. 24 SINGERS)
H – VOCAL GROUPS WITHOUT AGE DIFFERENCES (8 – 16 SINGERS)
I – SPIRITUAL, GOSPEL, JAZZ WITHOUT AGE DIFFERENCES
- The competition is open for non-professional choirs.
- One choir may take part in more categories of the competition.
- There is no limit as to the number of singers.
- Age limitation: singers must not reach the age that is given in the competition category as of the day of competition.
- The choir sends one copy of scores of the contest compositions, the copies of scores are not returned, they are supposed to stay in the festival archive.
- The programme the choir sent cannot be changed.
- If the choir takes part in more then 1 competition category, each song in all competition programmes must be presented only once.
- The time limit for all categories is 15 minutes of clear time.
- Should the time limit be exceeded, the jury will terminate the competition performance of the choir.
- All the competition categories shall perform one composition a capella.
- In all categories the singing is expected without a microphone and other devices.
- According to the number of gained points the jury will award:
Gold medals 90 - 100 points
Silver medals 75 - 89 points
Bronze medals 60 - 74 points
- Besides the point classification, the jury shall not issue any other written evaluation of the choir performance.
- The decision of the jury is final and cannot be contested.
- No acoustic rehearsal performance is allowed to be done at Competition Venues
- Upon tabulation of scores, the highest and lowest combined score among the judges will be excluded and the choir will be awarded points based on the average of the remaining scores.
Evaluation of choirs:
Each choir performing will be assessed on a 100-point scale based on the following criteria:
- Balance (15pts)
- Intonation (15pts)
- Interpretation (15pts)
- Diction (15pts)¨
- Technique & Rhythm (15pts)
- Tone (15pts)
- Other factors (10 pts) - stage presence & appearance, repertoire, discipline